Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Peter Stone Collection

About 90% of my collection consists of OF Breyer models. 


The majority of them are special runs, retired, or harder to find model, but still OF.

I do have a couple resins... 


And a good collection of customs.


But I will most likely always be mainly an OF Breyer collector.


Anyway, I've spoken about my customs, my resins, and of course about my Breyers, but I don't think I've said much about my Peter Stone Collection.

This is partially because I have beef against them... But they do make some nice models.

The first Stone I got was Pandora. I bought her my first Breyerfest at the kids auction. I believe I paid about $50 for her.


I was excited to get her, and she was handed to me wrapped up so I just put her in my bag and went home.

This model is not good quality.


She has crap all over her chest and shoulder. as well as dark spots in her roaning.


Those are fixable, though. My biggest issue was her hooves aren't completely painted. What the heck?


This really turned my off towards Stones. The fact that they would sell basically factory seconds to CHILDREN who are probably getting their first model from them is not OK. They imprinted me to this day to not expect great quality, and I know other collectors feel the same.


Looking back I don't regret buying her, though. Every collection needs a Stone Arab and I'm happy to have one. She's a nice shelf sitter, but I wanted to show her.

Moving ahead two years, Maddy gifted me Toasted Coconut, a Stone Ponys website special run! :)


This started my wealing addiction. At Breyerfest this year I picked up two DAHs for $35 each(!).

First is a little cremello QH filly. I really like her, but she has flaws in her finish. >.<


Probably my favorite Stone would have to be this guy. He's been customized to a colt, turned head, and has a redone forelock. He's a very shaded black (which won't show up -_-). He almost always places at shows for me!


I also have a FQH. I showed him in performance for a while but he didn't 'click' for that. He's great in halter and has a nice color.


My most recent buy is this dude.


I drank the kool-aid and ordered a DAH on Thursday during the big sale. Models were around 40% off, so I got him for less than $100 bucks! He'll be a grulla with a blue and a brown eye, a wide blaze, and some socks.

The future of my Stone collection will really depend on how my DAH turns out. If he's terrible, no more... But if he turns out nice... Well, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment