Thursday, October 20, 2016

Portrait Models

Are definitely my favorite type of custom! I recently received this amazing model in the mail. He's a custom I commissioned from Rusty Key Studios on Facebook.


He's a portrait of one of the two horses I ride in real life. He turned out perfect!


His marking is spot on.




Merlin is pretty green and one of his biggest issues is flower boxes... So I had to have him jump over some.


I highly recommend the artist. The price was great and she was very nice.

Merlin isn't my first portrait horse, though. Last Breyerfest I picked up a portrait of the paint a ride, Steps!





He was painted by Emily Foltz.

I've also painted two portrait models for Becky. One SM driving horse, and a Haflinger (who I can't find pictures of...)




One of the reasons portrait models are so special to me is that I ride lesson horses. My dad is in the army and we aren't in a position to own one. The sad thing is that horses come and go, and when you don't own them... You have no say.

Portrait models are a great way to remember! I have 2 more real horses I want in plastic, now to find painters and molds! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment