Saturday, December 31, 2016

Trade Haul

Yesterday was a very, very good mail day, to say the least.


A friend of mine is getting out of the hobby to focus on real horses and was really just trying to get rid of her collection... So I helped her out and basically got my pick of her showstring. In exchange for these horses plus a few more still on the way, I will be painting some stablemates to look like the real horses she works and rides with.

I, of course, wanted to show you all of them! Personally, I enjoy reading and looking at people's new additions... Hopefully you enjoy!

Instead of normal halter style pictures, I decided to have some fun with it and take some that were more dynamic.

First is Zenyatta. I was told she was a body so planned on repainting her. She's really not to bad though. :)


Next came Jesse and the long mane Connemara. She also sent two Classic riders as a bonus. The long mane is probably my favorite out of all of them. The trader has very good taste in shading and dapples. :)


Another one of my favorites would be Valegro. The sculpture looks more like an artist resin or custom.


He just has a *really* nice face.


Another is Sam! He's one that I liked, but not enough to buy him. After holding one and really looking at him, I really like him.


Joker, an older Celebration model, is also really nice. The only other I have on the mold is Smart And Shiney, and I like the black and white pinto on the mold much better.


Maverick, a TSC special run, and Harley D Zip, an RR, also arrived. Maverick is still growing on me... not sure if I like him yet. Harley is really nice. This one has an almost metallic coat and great shading. Not to mention the mold is fantastic for performance!


Nearing the end! I was able to get an SBH Phoenix, who I also really like in person. I have Argyle on the mold, too. They are both awesome.


Next is the sorrel AQHA. This one is probably my least favorite, but I still like her! The mold is just eh.


Last but not least, I chose three of my favorite classic mold, the Frolicking Foal! I conga this mold and finally got some more. :)


And that's it! Now I need to go get painting so I can actually officially own these guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment