Thursday, October 6, 2016

Real Horses at Breyerfest


I finally got around to editing the majority of my Breyerfest photos and thought I'd share some of my favorites.

The first ones I took were in the arena right beside the Special Run line. Some of the riders for the reining demonstration were warming up their horses. I really enjoyed taking photos of them, they were very photogenic!


This is one of my favorites, the horse looks super relaxed and happy.




The rest of these photos were taken in the indoor arena. I apologize for the eh quality of these photos,  the lighting was sucky and that made the camera not happy...

We watched the icelandics several times. It was really cool to see them all tólt together. Svali, one of the 2016 Breyers, was just as impressive as he seems in person!



I watched a couple minutes of a natural horsemanship demonstration, this guy rode his paint in a halter/lead flawlessly! I've tried it before, and even using a saddle it was very difficult!


Another great group was the Young Guns Drill Team. We watched every performance they did and it was amazing! 



The horses were mostly stock breeds but there was also an Arabian or two.




I also saw one of the only pure Sugarbush draft horses left, Harley Quinn's Classic O.


Lastly, they had a versatile Arabian demo. This featured lots of Arabians doing lots of events.

First, there was a sidesaddle mare...


Then came a showjumper, who put up a big fit and refused the jumps several times.


There was also a champion gelding who did his trail demonstration bridleless.


My favorite was the classic presentation Arab...


But this lovely dressage gelding,


And the arena costume mare were also great!


There also was the donkey, Hickory Hills Wall Street.


He really wasn't in the mood to walk quietly around the ring, though.


Last was Diablo DC and Endo the Blind. My mom really enjoyed these guys, but I think it wasn't as much about the horses based on the sheer amount photos of the riders on my camera...


But this will have it's own post soon. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment