Sunday, November 13, 2016

Hungry Hungry Horses

First of all, sorry for the silence the last week! I've been in general kind of avoiding social media and the internet since Tuesday. It's not the end of the world, people... -_-

Anyway, I felt inspired by being at a feed store (inspiration comes from the weirdest places, doesn't it?) to make some food for the horses. I don't have a traditional scale barn but I want one in the future. When I was about nine I had a 'barn' made of the wooden orange boxes and cardboard, complete with hand-drawn feed bags and nameplates.

All I've made so far is two supplement containers and a feed bag.



The supplement containers have a detailed front and back. On the back, there is a nutrition fact area and a serving calculator. The container is a plastic paint storage cup. I also filled them with rice for some weight. 



I made a smaller container with senior feed. Honestly, it took longer to make the labels in Photoshop then to assemble them. It took around 45 minutes to make the label and less then 15 to assemble. >.<



My favorite is the feed bag. It is custom made and I am looking forward to making several different types for all the different ponies.



On one side there is a nutrition label and on the other there is an ingredient list. 



On the very back there is a serving chart. I also used a
 gloss mod podge to give it that 'feed bag shine.'

These will be up on my Etsy and Facebook shops in the next couple days. I haven't completely decided on a price yet, but it will probably be $8 for all three. Custom prices will be case-by-case.



Week two of the photo challenge will be posted tomorrow. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment